This policy covers myAudi, Audi-branded clothing and accessories, Audi auto accessories, Audi electronics, Audi HK sponsored events, Audi HK sponsored special offers and benefits from carefully selected marketing partners and Audi mobility and connectivity services.
As you review our policies, here are a few general principles to keep in mind:
1. Information We Collect
When you visit our dealers or other partners, or use our online services, we may collect personal information from or about you such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), account numbers, limited location information (for example, an address code to help you find a nearby dealer or partner), user name and password. We may also collect payment card information, ID numbers, driver’s license numbers (or comparable) where necessary, e.g. when arranging for test drives or participating in our driving events, and where we believe it is reasonably required in connection with the purposes for the use of your data set out below.
For your convenience, Audi HK may in the future offer you the ability to access some of our offers and services through mobile applications and mobile-optimized websites . When you interact with us through such channels, we may collect information such as unique device identifiers for your mobile device, your screen resolution and other device settings, information about your location, and analytical information about how you use your mobile device. We may ask your permission before collecting certain information (such as precise geo-location information) through these channels.
2. Use of Information
We use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as:
- Processing requests for test drives and transactions;
- Verifying your identity;
- Preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing your preferences;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our various services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view;
- Providing you tailored content and marketing messages;
- Providing you with Audi mobility or Audi Connect services;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new products and services; improving existing products and services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies; and
- For any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual customers) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
3. Disclosure of Information
We may share the information we collect from and about you with our affiliates and other third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Audi HK third-party service providers;
- Audi HK affiliated websites and businesses in an effort to bring you improved service across our family of products and services, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations;
- Other companies to bring you co-branded services, products or programs;
- Third parties or affiliates in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, consolidation or merger of Audi HK or Audi authorized dealership businesses; and
Where appropriate, we will limit sharing of your information in accordance with the choices you have provided us in
We may share anonymous or aggregated information with third parties to help deliver products, services, and content that are better tailored to the users of our online services and for other purposes.
4. Understanding Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies
objects and other tracking technologies for various purposes, such as fraud prevention and monitoring our advertising
and marketing campaign performance. Some of these tracking tools may detect characteristics or settings of the specific
device you use to access our online services.
When you return to any of our websites employing these tracking technologies your experience may be enhanced by remembering your interests and choices from prior visits.
All of the above tracking technologies are always anonymized to protect your privacy, and there is no individual information that can be used to identify you.
- "Cookies" are small amounts of data a website can send to a visitor’s web browser. They are often stored on the device you are using to help track your areas of interest. Cookies may also enable us or our service providers and other companies we work with to relate your use of our online services over time to customize your experience. Most web browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to decline or delete cookies, but doing so may degrade your experience with our online services.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags or web beacons - which are typically one-pixel, transparent images located on a webpage or in an email or other message—or similar technologies may be used on our sites and in some of our digital communications (such as email or other marketing messages). They may also be used when you are served advertisements or you otherwise interact with advertisements outside of our online services. These are principally used to help recognize users, assess traffic patterns and measure site or campaign engagement.
- Local Shared Objects, sometimes referred to as “flash cookies” may be stored on your hard drive using a media player or other software installed on your device. Local Shared Objects are similar to cookies in terms of their operation, but may not be managed in your browser in the same way.
5. Linking to Third-Party Websites
We use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect and limit access to personal information.
This includes device safeguards and secured files and buildings.
Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information (such as your HKID number) to us.
Your data may be transferred and stored outside of Hong Kong in a secure Audi system or a third party system under contract with Audi HK or an Audi affiliate. By submitting personal information to Audi HK or using any Audi HK website, you understand and consent to such transfer.
7. Updating Your Information
Keeping your account information up-to-date is very important. You may review, or update certain account information
by logging in and accessing the “Customer Center” section. If you cannot change the incorrect information online, or
you prefer to request changes offline, please use the Contact Us option or call or write to us using the contact information
listed on our site.
If you use the “Contact Us” option or call or write to us using the contact information listed on our site in order to change your personal data, please note that it will take 10 (ten) working days for us to update our records accordingly and during this interim period, you may still receive notifications from us based on the existing data in our system.
9. Notice on Direct Marketing
Occasionally, we may use your personal data (including your name and contact details) to send you marketing communications
such as emails containing news, offers, promotions and joint marketing offers about new products, services, events
and experiences, myAudi, sales and other auto related auxiliary services such as travel insurance, automobile insurance,
accident & health insurance, etc.
We may also provide your personal data (including your name and contact details) to third parties including our marketing partners, financial service partners, etc. for the purpose of marketing their products and services to you, including all the items mentioned in the above paragraph.
We will only use your personal data for direct marketing after we have obtained your consent.
You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge, by:
- Following the opt-out instructions contained in the communications;
- Writing to us at the address at: 8/F, Tower A, Billion Centre, 1 Wang Kwong Road, Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong
10. Data Retention
All personal data that has been collected from you will only be stored for a limited duration that is relevant to the purpose for which it was processed and for as long as required by applicable law.
Last updated: 07 February 2017